A leaking or damaged roof can wreak a lot of havoc in a short time. But the good news is that a little roof damage won’t necessarily mean you have to shell out the money for a new roof. Oftentimes, a free roof inspection can help you spot issues before they become costly repairs. Addressing them sooner than later can prevent the need for a full roof replacement.
If you haven’t had a professional roof inspection done in a while, start there. Simply visually inspecting the outside of your house and the inside of your roof will not be enough to spot all issues. Trained professionals can spot things that won’t always be visible to a homeowner.
How Do I Know If I Have a Roof Leak?
Roof leaks aren’t always obvious. In many cases, they can show up as discoloration or damage to your ceiling. Here are five signs that you might have a leak in your roof.
Mold needs water to grow. If mold is present inside your home, it’s a good indicator that water has intruded into the structure.
Stains & Damage to your Drywall
Stains can be one of the clearest indicators of leaks in your roof. If you have yellow discoloration on your ceilings or walls, this is a good indicator of a roof leak. In some cases, drywall can blister and the paint can begin to peel. Any sign of staining, blistering, or peeling is a good reason to call us for a free inspection.
Discoloration or Warping in your Attic Sheathing
If you have been in your attic lately and you notice that the roof sheathing looks darker in a certain spot or looks like it’s delaminating, this is a definite sign of water intrusion. At this stage, the water may not have made it into your home yet because the sheathing and insulation in your attic have absorbed most of the water, but there is still a leak. This is a good time to call us before the damage gets worse.
Flat Roof Ponding
You may have noticed after a rain there is a puddle on your flat roof that lasts for a few days. This is due to an improper sloping of the initial roof installation or an improper repair if this is recurring. If this is the case you will have damage to the structure of your roof and possibly internally to your home. To keep the damage to a minimum it is urgent that you call a roofing professional to inspect your roof and provide a proper solution.
If from ground level you can see shingles that have been lifted up, shingles that are missing, or shingles that have obvious cracks and damage, these are signs that a leak has occurred or that you have the potential for a leak. If there is no evidence of leaking in your home, this is a great time to call because repairs can be made before any further damage occurs.
Tile roofs are stunning to look at, they have a wide range of colors, shapes, sizes, and materials. Replacing damaged tiles requires skill and patience. Often damaged tiles are scattered across the roof and can result from people walking on them, or may have occurred at the time of installation. We will carefully inventory the number of tiles, source them and replace them in a skillful manner.
Leaking Metal Roofs
There are multiple metal roof systems available including an exposed fastener and standing seam. If your metal roof is leaking, it’s possible that the actual fastener component has worn out and needs to be replaced. Our trained professionals can diagnose the problem and work with our customers to repair these roofs.
Gutters Dripping Water after a Storm
If your gutters continue to drip water hours after a rainstorm, this is a good sign that they are not doing their job properly. These troughs are designed to move water away from your home quickly. If you notice dripping long after a storm has passed, that’s an indicator that they are holding water. This holding water can damage your eaves, fascia boards, and soffits over time.
As tempting as it may to try to fix roof leaks on your own, failure to completely address the issue could lead to additional moisture infiltration, making the problem worse in the long run. If you’re not sure about the extent of the project, that’s what our services are for.
Other Signs You Need Roof Repair
- Missing shingles, or shingles that are cracked, or curled, dark, or wet.
- Wear and tear around roof openings and objects like the chimney and skylights.
- Sagging roof deck
- Outside light visible through the ceiling in the attic
- Higher energy bills (you may not have a noticeable increase in your water bill if the leaking is slow and small)
How Our Roofing Process Works
If you see any evidence of a leak in your home:
- Time = damage. Call us immediately at (904) 357-0722. Inspections are free. All our roof repair services start with a free inspection to assess the condition of your roofing system. A minor leak can be hard to spot and can create bigger leaks that lead to more extensive damage.
- We will send a roofing professional to your home as soon as possible. We understand that getting roof repair companies to show up is tough. That’s why we’re different!
- Our roofing professional will conduct a thorough inspection of your roof (inside and out) structure. We will also inspect the interior to understand the extent of the damage. We take lots of pictures so they can show you what they find.
- We will provide you with a free estimate of the costs to repair your roof. If after we get to work, we discover additional damage, we’ll let you know.
- If an insurance claim is appropriate, we can help you work with the insurance company and the claims process. If the roof is damaged as a result of a storm or natural disaster, your homeowner’s insurance should help cover the cost of repairs necessary to fix your roof.
- If cost is a concern, we have various financing options to help make the cost of repairing your home affordable at any budget.
- We will make every attempt to start the repair immediately or schedule a time that is convenient for you. If we cannot start the repair right away, we will secure the area with a tarp to protect your home from further damage from water intrusion and pests if needed.
- Once the repairs are completed, our crew will conduct a walk-through with you to ensure that all work was performed to your satisfaction. We can even help if you need a full roof replacement
How Often Should I Get a Roof Inspection?
According to the National Roofing Contractors Association, you should typically have your roof inspected twice a year – once after the coldest weather of the year and once again in the dead heat of summer. For most Florida residents, this means getting an inspection in January and again in July or August.
If there are any major storms that come through your area, you should get an inspection as soon as it is safe to do so, even if you don’t see any damage. It will be required if you need to file any insurance claims to cover the damage.
Can the Weather Influence My Roof Repair?
Yes, but thankfully, we don’t have to worry about it much here in our service area.
Roof Repairs vs. Roof Replacement
In the event that our roof repair services aren’t enough to restore the safety and appearance of your roof, we will recommend that you invest in a new roof. Our trained professional roofer will never recommend a full replacement unless the extent of the damage or the condition of the roof warrants it.
Roof repairs and proper maintenance can go a long way toward getting the most of your roof. Where roof repair aims to fix a small area of your roof to stop leaks, replace missing shingles or damaged shingles, replacement starts from the bottom with an entirely new roof.
Endless Summer Roofing vs. Other Roof Repair Companies
At Endless Summer Roofing, we complete each roofing job as if we are working on our personal home. Whether you need a repair or replacement, you’ll get quality craftsmanship backed by a five-year warranty against workmanship defects. Our roofers aim to provide the best service possible, no matter what service we’re providing for you.
We’re a fully licensed and insured roofing company. We offer a variety of roof repair and replacement services. We’re an experienced roofing company that works with:
- Metal roofing
- Tile roofing
- Asphalt roofing
- Low-slope roofs
We offer complete roof systems including Certainteed and GAF, tile, and metal systems. We know how stressful it can be to replace your roof and we will be there every step of the way to support you. Whether it’s asphalt shingle, tile, metal, or low slope roof you can count on us to be attentive to your needs.
No roof repair job is too big or small for us. We’re not a roofing company that gets in and out as quickly as possible. Our roofers believe in treating our clients like family. That’s why we’re Northeast Florida’s premier roofing company.